When you submit requests for information on this site you may be asked to provide certain information about yourself including your name and contact details. We may also collect information about your usage of our website as well as information about you from emails or letters you send to us.2. What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes or for any other purposes to promote or further Charteroak Estates. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.3. Information we process about Individuals
We may collect and process the following data about our Individuals:
• information that you provide by filling in forms on our site.
• if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
• details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access; and
• any information incidental to that listed above.4. IP addresses, cookies and similar technologies
• We obtain information about your general internet usage by using technology such as "cookies", which store information on the hard drive of your computer. This type of technology helps us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service for Public Users and our customers. They enable us:
• to understand visitor numbers;
• to store information about a Public User's preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to a Public User's interests and offer them goods or services in which we believe they will be interested;
• to speed up your searches; and
• to recognise you when you return to our site.
• To find out more about cookies, including how to control and disable them, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org
• You may refuse to accept some technologies such as cookies by activating settings on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of technologies such as cookies. If you refuse all cookies you may be unable to access certain parts of our site. If you do not activate these settings on your browser then you will be taken to have consented to the use of these technologies.
• We use Google Analytics
monitoring software on our site. These types of technologies also allow the proprietor of the technology e.g.Google to also access your information, Please read the privacy packages of each to understand how your information may be used by these third parties.5. How we use your information
• We use information held about you in the following ways:
• to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
• to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
• to notify you about changes to our service;
• to generate personal profile reports about you which we use to help to tailor our site, and our interactions with you to suit your preferences.
• to contact you by email, letter or phone about our services and products
• We do not disclose personal information about Individual's to advertisers.6. Security
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.7. Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.8. Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the Data Protection Officer, Charteroak Estates, Graham House, 7 Wyllyotts Place, Potters Bar EN6 2JD.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.